The ICS Data Protection Conference is the largest Data Protection event in the Irish calendar. The conference addresses the topical issues of the day, and provides industry expert analysis, leading insights into the deployment and interpretation of the legislation, and case studies from those with first-hand experience of dealing with data protection and information security challenges.
The 2012 Annual Conference was the fourth in its history and held in April. It was officially opened by Billy Hawkes, Ireland's Data Protection Commissioner. Among the presentations given at the event held at the Croke Park Conference Centre were:
- Introduction and 2012 Survey Results, Jim Friars, CEO, Irish Computer Society
- ADPO: Launch and Welcome, Fintan Swanton, Cost Management Consultant, Expense Reduction Ireland
- Data Protection – Future EU Law, Billy Hawkes, Data Protection Commissioner
- Running an Effective Security Awareness Program, Brian Honan, Principal Consultant, BH Consulting
- Data-sharing Measures in the Public Service Reform Plan, Tadgh O'Leary, Department of Public Expenditure and Reform
- Data Protection and Revenue Working in an Information Hub, Orna-Richella Maguire, Data Protection Officer, Revenue Commissioners
- Social Networking and Data Protection: From Compliance to Best Practice, Jeanne Kelly, Partner in Commercial Law, Mason Hayes & Curran
- Digital Confidence: Data Protection & Telecommunications, Gary Healy, Head of Regulatory & Public Policy, Telefonica
- Data Loss Prevention: AXA Case Study, John Ryan, CEO, Zinopy
Copies of the presentations are available for download by members of the Association of Data Protection Officers at www.dpo.ie.