Completing ECDL Advanced Spreadsheets enables learners to demonstrate they have the knowledge and skills to:
- Apply advanced formatting options such as conditional formatting and customised number formatting and handle worksheets.
- Use functions such as those associated with logical, statistical, financial and mathematical operations.
- Create charts and apply advanced chart formatting features.
- Work with tables and lists to analyse, filter and sort data.
- Create and use scenarios.
- Validate and audit spreadsheet data.
- Enhance productivity by working with named cell ranges, macros and templates.
- Use linking, embedding and importing features to integrate data.
- Collaborate on and review spreadsheets. Apply spreadsheet security features.
As a result of completing this ECDL Advanced Module, learners :
- Become more confident, efficient and effective in using a spreadsheet application
- Acquire the skills to use a wide range of tools to conduct enhanced data analysis.
- Are able to use date/time functions, mathematical functions, statistical functions, text functions, logical functions, financial functions, lookup and reference functions.
- Acquire the skills to use subtotalling features to calculate key subtotals instantly, and create what-if tables to display outcomes based on variable scenarios.
- Can use conditional formatting options to apply different formats to selected data within a spreadsheet, and use paste special options to remove formulas from data and to transpose data for presentation purposes.
All ECDL certification testing is performed using the ICS Skills Automated Testing System (ATS). The ATS combines the best of all worlds: authentic candidate experience, cost-effective testing, streamlined processes, consistent scoring, and simplified, paper-free candidate management.
- Web-based: All tests are performed online over the web, so there is no software for test administrators to install or maintain.
- Real applications: Test candidates work with actual applications (such as MS Word or Excel) – and not simulated screens. In-application testing ensures candidates have the most authentic test experience.
- Zero paperwork: Because both candidate testing and candidate administration are entirely online, there are no paper records to store, and candidates receive immediate feedback on their results.
- Secure storage: The ICS Skills ATS gathers and keeps safe all results and candidate, class and module reports. This central storage of data and minimal handling reduces security and privacy risks.
In addition to ECDL certification tests, the ICS Skills ATS provides a full suite of diagnostic tests. These can be used for pre-training and pre-testing assessments to help identify individual knowledge gaps and training needs.
Click the link below to view or download an Information Sheet for this Advanced Module in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
Click the links below to view or download the official ECDL Foundation Syllabus for this Advanced Module in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
Adv Spreadsheets Syllabus 2.0