Discover the concepts and skills relating to the setup and use of online collaborative tools, such as storage, productivity applications, calendars, social media, web meetings, learning environments, and mobile technology.
Completing this ECDL Module enables learners to demonstrate they have the knowledge and skills to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing.
- Set up accounts to prepare for online collaboration.
- Use online storage and web-based productivity applications to collaborate.
- Use online and mobile calendars to manage and plan activities.
- Collaborate and interact using social networks, blogs, and wikis.
- Schedule and host online meetings and use online learning environments.
- Understand key mobile technology concepts and use features such as e-mail, applications, and synchronisation.
The following outlines the benefits of this ECDL Module:
- Covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to online collaboration and cloud computing.
- Certifies best practice in effective computer use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world – ensures relevance and range of module content.
ECDL certification testing for this Module is performed using the ICS Skills Automated Testing System (ATS). The ATS combines the best of all worlds: authentic candidate experience, cost-effective testing, streamlined processes, consistent scoring, and simplified, paper-free candidate management.
- Web-based: All tests are performed online over the web, so there is no software for test administrators to install or maintain.
- Real applications: Test candidates work with actual applications (such as MS Word or Excel) – and not simulated screens. In-application testing ensures candidates have the most authentic test experience.
- Zero paperwork: Because both candidate testing and candidate administration are entirely online, there are no paper records to store, and candidates receive immediate feedback on their results.
- Secure storage: The ICS Skills ATS gathers and keeps safe all results and candidate, class and module reports. This central storage of data and minimal handling reduces security and privacy risks.
In addition to ECDL certification tests, the ICS Skills ATS provides a full suite of diagnostic tests. These can be used for pre-training and pre-testing assessments to help identify individual knowledge gaps and training needs.
Click the link below to view or download an Information Sheet for this ECDL Module in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.