Completing this ECDL Module enables learners to demonstrate they have the knowledge and skills to:
- Work with spreadsheets and save them in different file formats
- Choose built-in options such as the Help function within the application to enhance productivity
- Enter data into cells and use good practice in creating lists. Select, sort and copy, move and delete data
- Edit rows and columns in a worksheet. Copy, move, delete and appropriately rename worksheets
- Create mathematical and logical formulas using standard spreadsheet functions. Use good practice in formula creation and recognise error values in formulas
- Format numbers and text content in a spreadsheet
- Choose, create and format charts to communicate information meaningfully
- Adjust spreadsheet page settings and check and correct spreadsheet content before finally printing spreadsheets
The following outlines the benefits of this ECDL Module:
- Covers the key skills needed to use spreadsheets.
- Can be applied to a range of spreadsheets software from vendor packages to 'freeware'.
- Certifies best practice in effective spreadsheets software use.
- Developed with input from computer users, subject matter experts, and practising computer professionals from all over the world – ensures relevance and range of module content.
ECDL certification testing for this Module is performed using the ICS Skills Automated Testing System (ATS). The ATS combines the best of all worlds: authentic candidate experience, cost-effective testing, streamlined processes, consistent scoring, and simplified, paper-free candidate management.
- Web-based: All tests are performed online over the web, so there is no software for test administrators to install or maintain.
- Real applications: Test candidates work with actual applications (such as MS Word or Excel) – and not simulated screens. In-application testing ensures candidates have the most authentic test experience.
- Zero paperwork: Because both candidate testing and candidate administration are entirely online, there are no paper records to store, and candidates receive immediate feedback on their results.
- Secure storage: The ICS Skills ATS gathers and keeps safe all results and candidate, class and module reports. This central storage of data and minimal handling reduces security and privacy risks.
In addition to ECDL certification tests, the ICS Skills ATS provides a full suite of diagnostic tests. These can be used for pre-training and pre-testing assessments to help identify individual knowledge gaps and training needs.
Click the link below to view or download an Information Sheet for this ECDL Module in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
Click the link below to view or download the official ECDL Foundation Syllabus for the first seven ECDL Modules in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.
ECDL Syllabus 5.0